Your Life, Your Way
Find your nearest UniSlim meeting
Become a UniSlim Leader Today!
Calculate your BMI (body mass index)
Or Slim at Home
Or Slim ONLINE...
Who needs a take-away when this home-cooked version of a popular favourite is so easy to make?
Egg-fried rice with prawns and peas
Takes 25 minutes, Serves 4
- 240g basmati rice (uncooked weight)
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 285g pack cooked peeled small prawns
- 1tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
1. Put the rice in a pan with 6000ml/1 pint water. Bring to the boil, cover, and then simmer for 10 minutes or until almost all the water has gone. Leave off the heat, covered, for 5 minutes more.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli, then cook for just 10 seconds – making sure not to let it burn. Throw in the cooked rice, stir-fry for 1 minute, then push to the side of the pan, then scramble them, stirring.
3. Once just set, stir the peas and spring onions into the rice and egg, then cook for 2 minutes until the peas are tender. Add the prawns and soy sauce, heat through, then serve with extra soy sauce on the side if you like.